What is the Sports Premium?
The Government provides funding directly to schools to improve and sustain sports provision for pupils.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional sport club
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Academy, we recognise the contribution of P.E. to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, it is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
PE and Sports Premium Report 2018-19
PE and Sports Premium Report 2017-18